Followers

Tuesday 4 June 2013

New Challenge @ LCI

Good Morning my lovely friends, I'm so sorry you must think I've abandoned you all! I haven't been near my computer for the last week or so as it was busy busy busy at work again for the Bank Holiday, and can you believe it sunshine again - two consecutive bank holiday's, almost unheard of in this country!!
I"m so behind with all my comments I'm probably going to get the sack from all my DT positions! If I don't I might have to reconsider what I take on this summer as I don't seem to be very efficient at the moment!

I did however find time to make something for the new challenge at

LADYBUGS CRAFT INK

where the theme is a fabulous

Colour Wheel

I only just got this finished in time by the skin of my teeth!
And to make things worse all my scheduled posts that I got so far ahead of myself have been posted now - lol now it will be a challenge!!

Here's my card for this week
This was my third attempt! Not a lot seemed to be going right before this one.
I've used the fantabulous Jack and Robyn Gotcha cling stamp available HERE and don't forget all stamps are on Special offer, Kerry has reduced them so much you would be mad not to buy them and some for presents while you can pick up such a bargain!
The papers are from the LOTV pads last year and I'm having a 'phase' on shaped cards at the minute! Flowers are WOC and I used puffy snow to give some texture.

Here's the colour wheel
You just need to pick two opposite colours to play along.

Head over to the main challenge blog for all the details and some beautiful inspiration from the Ladybugs as well as all the information you need regards the prize on offer.

I have another busy day ahead and tonight I'm off to The Theatre Royal Norwich to see 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' and no I'm not dressing up!!!

I promise to try and comment on your blogs this week instead of just looking!!

Love 'n' Hugs Laurie xx

I'd like to enter the following challenges

18 comments:

Kerry said...

Third time lucky Laurie...glad you persevered...it's fabtastic. The sun is finally shining here in Scotland so I don't feel cold looking at your card lol. Love the fluffy snow, pp and flowers. Mine (flowers) are still lying beside my desk looking at me in disgust. I will get the hang of using them, I will get the hang of using them, I WILL get the hang of using them lol. xx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Laurie. I love the image, gorgeous papers and brilliant layout
I hope you have a good evening, I wouldn't dress up either!!
hugs Sue xx

Whimsey said...

Very nice and look at you getting a jump on the holidays! Love all those flowers, so divine!!

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love this .. despite snow on such a warm sunny day lol.. i love the shaped edge and the red and green is fabulous
Lisa x

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is awesome Laurie… what a fab shape and I love the rich festive colours that you've used… the papers and flowers are SO scrummy!! and the image is adorable… absolutely love the snow… it really brings the scene alive!! it's a corker of a card hun!
Hope you enjoy the Rocky Horror... it should be fab! :-))
Take Care
Big hugs
Sue xx

Claire said...

This is a fab card and love your colours and papers. Hugs, Claire x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, great image and love the shape and layout and the flowers are stunning.
Get you, made a Christmas card! lol.

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

I love this card Laurie, fabulous image I like the added snow the papers and the flowers.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

This is adorable Laurie, I love that fun image and your gorgeous embellishments!
Hugs, Tammy

Zoe Tant said...

Fun card Laurie. Thank you for the sweets they went down very well. Thank yous to follow but wanted to let you know you have two big fans here now!!! Zx

mags said...

A lovely card Laurie. Super shape and colours. The flowers are gorgeous and the puffy snow is a brilliant touch.
Mags
x

sue w. said...

Hi Laurie, this is fab, love the image and the puffy snow and the flowers and berries are perfect.
Hugs Sue W.

Julie said...

This is stunning my lovely Laurie, the puffy snow is brilliant, love it teamed with the frosty look on the flowers. Hope you get time to enjoy the weekend my friend,xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie, oooh what a wonderful card - love the snow / snowballs and flower arrangement.

Sarah

PS - Going to Rocky Horror and not dressing up???? Shame on you - I thought you would and share the pictures as well!!!!!

Janice said...

A super sunny day here Laurie & a super snowy card on your blog. Love the red/green combo the flowers and the snow - brilliant as always. Hope your show went well & you are managing time to unwind & not just "flee about like a mad thing!" Jx

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Laurie. I love the image and the snow effect is a wonderful touch. Beautiful flower arrangement.
I will have to give the copic refills a go for my favourite colours. They are a superior pen.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sally said...

Hi Laurie,
Love this card, such a great shape and the snow is great.
Hugs Sally xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really adorable, I love those frosty flowers and the texture on the image is fab
Lindsay xx